We recently had a few users that, upon logon, would be prompted with an message about their User Profile being a temporary profile.
The Users Profile has become corrupt and needs to be recreated.
To resolve this:
1) Reboot the PC. (Logging Off typically will prevent you from removing the profile, so reboot is necessary.)
2) Login as an Administrator.
3) Delete the Users Profile by going to Control Panel => System
4) In the left pane, choose Advanced System Settings.
5) Click User Profiles
6) Select the corrupt User Profile, then click delete.
7) Close the open windows
8) Open the Registry (Start => Run, type regedit)
9) Navigate to
10) Find key that has .bak at the end (Ex. S-1-5-21-1451753216-3162060583-1160909771-1189.bak)
11) Delete this key.
12) Reboot and have the user logon again.